Margaret R. Martin
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1992, magna cum laude
- Valparaiso University, J.D., 1995, magna cum laude
- Georgia (1995)
Areas of Practice:
- Domestic Law
- Family Litigation
Margaret R. Martin is a family law and divorce attorney who handles complex financial issues and helps clients obtain a fair division of marital property, including closely held businesses, trusts and investments that are not easily accessible.
Margaret’s approach is to give clients an early and realistic assessment of how a divorce is likely to be settled and work toward obtaining that result as quickly as possible with minimum drama. Her focus always is to give clients the support and financial solutions they need to begin a stable life after divorce.
She has practiced family law for more than 21 years and has represented hundreds of clients, most of whom faced the challenge of dividing high-dollar financial and business assets. While most cases can be settled without trials, Margaret is an experienced litigator who protects her clients and protects their interests when it’s necessary to go court.
Clients rely on Margaret to bring structure and efficiency to the divorce process. She has practiced family law in Atlanta area courts from the beginning of her legal career, and she is well acquainted with the expectations of local courts. She and her husband are the parents of three children.
Organizations & Activities
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Family Law Section)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section, Litigation Section)
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2022
- Listed, Band 1, Chambers & Partners, Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth, USA, Georgia
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America, 2019 – 2022, by Best Lawyers
If you would like to contact Margaret R. Martin, please email her paralegal at email@example.com